This is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
|Session Name:||Go With the Flow! Fluid and Particle Physics in PixelJunk Shooter|
|Track / Format:||Programming|
The presentation will focus on the technical aspects of PixelJunk 1-4 (PixelJunk Shooter) for the PlayStation 3. The game makes use of a fluid system that is generated using the PS3 SPU and the presentation will cover this in some detail, as well as the stage editor and the character animation system.
- Particle flow simulation on the SPU
- Parallel particle simulation algorithms
- Game design based on the mixing of dissimilar fluids
- The use of the universal collision detector
- Particle fluid rendering technology
Stage collision detection using the distance field, specifically:
- Real time SPU distance field calculator algorithm
- Real time GPU distance field calculator algorithm
The level editor, specifically:
- Topographical terrain design using templates
- Data management using Game Monkey script formats