GDC Vault is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
This is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
|Session Name:||Games as a Live Service: A 360-Degree Look at the Art and Science of Managing Social Games|
|Speaker(s):||Marianne Borenstein, David Rohrl, David Stewart|
|Company Name(s):||Playdom, Playdom, Playdom|
|Track / Format:||Social & Online Games Summit|
|Overview:||Social games are run as dynamic live services. At launch, they are often no more than 10% complete. The other 90% of the game evolves over time based on player behavior and input, new strategies for tapping into the social graph, advancements in viral and monetization techniques, and platform changes. A team of subject matter experts representing game design, games services and virality will walk through the ins and outs of running games as live services.|